Welcome to Koha
Welcome to Koha.
Mohi-Ud-Din Islamic University is now member of Consortium of S&T and R&D libraries of Pakistan (CSTRDLP) and Part of Pakistan Catalogue (PakCat). All MIU libraries will be automated and their Online Public Access Catalogue(OPAC) will be available on PakCat using KOHA cloud of PASTIC, Islanabad
Koha is a full-featured open-source ILS. Developed initially in New Zealand by Katipo Communications Ltd and first deployed in January of 2000 for Horowhenua Library Trust, Koha is currently maintained by a team of software providers and library technology staff from around the globe.
The building of Library is air-conditioned . The library is devoted to fulfill the needs of its participants, faculties, researchers. The professional staff entertains hundreds of inquires, asked by the library users every day.
MIU Library Network
The Mohi-ud Din Islamic University (MIU) has libraries in its 5 campuses Libraries across AJK. The Central Library is the focal of these libraries.
The inherent objective of the Library is to support the academic activities by the MIU faculty and students. The Library also serves as an information & knowledge resource that promotes library culture by extending the access to the faculty, students and knowledge seeking people from other academic institutions and the general public.
The Library has digitized the theses by MIU & MIMC Library Staff.
The Library provides attractive study and research environment. The facilities include over eighty internet-connected computers, numerous study carrels and a number of reading areas.
The Library OPAC is developed in KOHA.
· To support information pursuance, study, teaching and research
· To develop information resource and relevant technological and physical facilities to support study, teaching and research
· To develop efficient systems and procedures by implementing cutting-edge technologies and best practice and support Different Libraries to develop on the same line.
· To serve as a holding organization of literature produced by the Islamic & Pakistani authors and also to promote library/reading culture by extending access to the individuals from outside the University.
Special Collections & Sections
· Arabic Collection
· Reference Section
· Medical Collection
· AV collection
Special Services & Facilities
· Publication Exchange Program
· Internet-Connected Computers
· Researchers' Lounge
· Discussion Hall